Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to send up down signal to MAX5160LEUA

Status
Not open for further replies.

chethankp

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi ,
I want to have a digital pot so I got a MAX5160LEUA IC[1] , Now I have a some doubt in program the Micro controller for controlling the MAX5160 digital pot .
I have connected a load between H and L pins and trying to send HIGH signal (to UP/Down) pin . but there is no change load current ..

Can you pls help how to send proper signal to the UP/Down pin ..?

[1] https://www.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/pdf/434454/MAXIM/MAX5160LEUA.html

If CS is made low and then U/D is made high and then a high to low transition of INC pin increments the internal up/down counter and thus increases the resistance between W and L.

When both CS and U/D are low a high to low on INC pin decrements the internal counter and hence resistance.

Hi,

I have tried connecting with controller but no output .
below is my code which had tried .
And I am using MAX5161 , it does not have any CS pin so I have to control onl up/down and INC pins

Pls check my code and let me know where I am making mistakes

void delay(unsigned int i)
{
unsigned int j,k;
for(j=0;j<=i;j++)
{
for(k=0;k<256;k++);
}
}

void makeUp(int noTimes)
{

P0 |= 0x40; // UP_DOWN I have connected UP down pin to 7th pin of Microcontroller
delay(500);
P0 |= 0x80;
delay(500);
P0 &= ~0x80; // INC I have connected UP down pin to 8th pin of Microcontroller
delay(500);

return;

}

void makeDown(int noTimes)
{

P0 |= 0x40; // UP_DOWN
delay(500);
P0 |= 0x80;