Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to send data using GPRS modem

Status
Not open for further replies.

northmoonwalker

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I have read some documents about AT command for GPRS, but I don't find how to
send data using GPRS.
In these documents they specify how to connect your modem to the network using the AT command (see example below).
I think generally all modem contain the stack TCP/IP, but I don't know which command using to send data through the GPRS.

Could you please help how to send data with the modem using GPRS.

Thank you

here's an example explaining the at commands but they don't specify how to send data or as he say data transfert
AT +CGCLASS=”CG”
OK
+CGREG: 1
AT +CGDCONT=1, "IP", "internet"
OK
AT +CGQREQ=1,1,4,5,2,14
OK
AT +CGQMIN=1,1,4,5,2,14
OK
AT +CGATT=1
OK
AT +CGACT=1,1
OK
//Remark about +CGDATA : the goal of this command is the same than ATD*99*** so, the best will be to use only
//ATD*99***
AT +CGDATA=1
CONNECT
…….
Data transfert
…….

To send data using modem(mc35i) use following at commands,

at+csms=1

at+cmgf=1

at+cmgs=" +91number to whom u want to send "

>ur message ^z.

try this step. but every time u type command u should wait for its response. then u giv next command.

hello,

Thank you preeti_hr2002 for your response.

Just I have other questions:

1) you've said "but every time u type command u should wait for its response. then u giv next command."
Do you know how much time shall I wait his response?

2)when you should send data to other modem, this modem should be configured as a server or a client, or just the receiver modem should be connected to GPRS networks

Thank you again

Status
Not open for further replies.