Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to select equivalent Varactor Diode?

Status
Not open for further replies.

udhay_cit

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need to find the equivalent replacement of mv2109 varactor diode.which parameter i should consider while selecting the replacement?

I am looking for component in digikey & mouser. So please help me to find the available replacement from the supplier.

I need this varactor diode for my FM stereo transmitters circuit (BH1417)...

Thanks & regards
Udhay

You need to check what capacitance range you require, and see in the datasheet if it is possible with the control voltage range that you have
(and check the reverse voltage in the datasheet).
That is all you need to check for most of these simple FM circuits.
Often a varactor datasheet will state if it is intended for AM or for FM broadcast band circuits, so you instantly know if
the capacitance range is likely to be suitable (and you can then check the graph).
Your diode is a single one, but sometimes a dual diode is used, or your circuit may have two MV2109 devices.
Something like BB914 or MMBV609LT1G may be highly worth checking out, as suitable for such a role.

Status
Not open for further replies.