Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to see the far field with the structure

Status
Not open for further replies.

sensen9966

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
For some structure, for example, a planar F antenna, with the ground in the same plane. so the ground is also a part for resonator and radiation. like the picture attached.

so i want to simulate and see which part is the main radiation part.
sure most of the simulator can display the far field. but which can display that with the structure?

seems like ansoft designer can do this work for planar case. but it display the total far field, we can't see and know exactly which part of the structure radiate more than the other part. from most of the case, the far field radiation center is near the total structure center. i am even not sure the far field display is absolutely matching the structure or just in the center of the total structure.

so how to tell which part of the structure is the main radiator.
thanks in advance.

It is the combined effect of the structure.

Try to use HFSS. u can export your design from designer to hfss. and try to set the boundries 360 degrees so u can see the side and bottom lobes.

nlenin said:
It is the combined effect of the structure.

i know that's the total combined field of the structure.

so for a structure composed of several part, how could i see the field of each of those parts by simulator? just want to know is there a analyzing method to do this work.

thanks in advance.

I am not sure that what you are asking is particularly useful but you might be able to set custom surfaces including only the parts of interest and then use that surface to produce a far field pattern.

Azulykit said:
I am not sure that what you are asking is particularly useful but you might be able to set custom surfaces including only the parts of interest and then use that surface to produce a far field pattern.

sorry for some late to reply.

so how to do the work you mentioned. by HFSS or other simulator? in hfss i didn't find that in help. i just know we could see the current density in the part that your interested with, but for far field pattern, how to do that?

thanks.

Go into on line help (HFSS) for the details of setting up a custom radiation surface. This surface will be used to calculate a far field pattern.

You could for example create a surface around only the parts of the antenna you want to study.

Again I have misgivings about this working as you desire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back