Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to scale the x axis in cadence spectre?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eejli

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
cadence calculator xval

Say sweep parameter x and get the Vout vs. x waveform.

But I actually need the x axis to be 0.05x,i.e., a waveform with 0.05x vs. Vout.

Tried around and cannot find a way to do it.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks.

xval cadence

Plot Vout vs. x wavwform.
Use AWD calculator. Click "wave" button in calculator window and after that second click on Vout waveform in Waveform window.
In calculator you will see something like "wavev12s1i1()"
Then in thr calculator window select "Special Functions" -> xval
Then multiply it by 0.05 and plot.
Next select "Axis" -> "Xaxis" -> "Plot vs." and scroll to xval(wavev1.....
Click OK.
That's all.

Reactions: sharezhao

eejli

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

sharezhao

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
spectre calculator xval

Is there a way to do it within the calculator ?
I to find the value of gm when the output is a given value.

cadence calculator cross function

You can plot x*0.05 and other graphcs on a same window and select a x*0.05 for x-axis (instead of independant variable) from x-axis menu.

finger widt cadence multipler

click on x-axin u can change properties in winodw

pv function+calculator+cadence

I am trying to plot Ron resistance from the results browser for different widths of a transistor. However, the parameter which has been swept by Parameteric analysis is "Number of fingers" so Ron is plotted against No. of fingers instead of width.

So, i want to multiply the x-axis by width of one finger (2um)....i have been trying the steps mentioned by Fom....but they dont work for me...

i do the following:
1. right click on Ron in results browser to plot Ron vs fingers
2. send the waveform to the calculator..but it is not wave1s..()...but an expression like pv("/M0" "ron" ?result "dcOpInfo-info")
3. I take xval of above... multiply it by 2...and then plot...i get a linear waveform between the original number of fingers and the multiplied version...
4. Now i go back to the original graph, select the x-axis and search in plot vs. drop down menu...but i dont see the xval....among the choices...

Please solve this problem...its so annoying...!!

Regards,

cadence spectre calculator help xval

haadi20 said:
I am trying to plot Ron resistance from the results browser for different widths of a transistor. However, the parameter which has been swept by Parameteric analysis is "Number of fingers" so Ron is plotted against No. of fingers instead of width.

So, i want to multiply the x-axis by width of one finger (2um)....i have been trying the steps mentioned by Fom....but they dont work for me...

i do the following:
1. right click on Ron in results browser to plot Ron vs fingers
2. send the waveform to the calculator..but it is not wave1s..()...but an expression like pv("/M0" "ron" ?result "dcOpInfo-info")
3. I take xval of above... multiply it by 2...and then plot...i get a linear waveform between the original number of fingers and the multiplied version...
4. Now i go back to the original graph, select the x-axis and search in plot vs. drop down menu...but i dont see the xval....among the choices...

Please solve this problem...its so annoying...!!

Regards,

U can directly do parametric sweep for width. give width as variable and sweep it.

calc scale x axis

femtopiconano said:
Is there a way to do it within the calculator ?
I to find the value of gm when the output is a given value.
You can use "cross" function to get the x value when the output is a given value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back