Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to run simulation with the PEX netlist in spectre?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lhlbluesky

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
calibre PEX,pls

when i extracted PEX netlist (for ex: circuit1.pex.netlist)using calibre, how to run simulation with the PEX netlist in spectre (ic5141)? what is the procedure?

In input.scs, i delete the netlist part (with no parasitic parameters), and include the PEX netlist (for ex: include ./circuit1.pex.netlist), then run the simulation (run & netlist and run). but the result is the same, there is no difference. why?

besides, if i complete the post-simulation, how to observe the results (current or voltage waveform), just the same as before, select node and print esc button? or are there any other methods?

and, if use 'spectre input.scs' in terminal, then how to observe the results (current or voltage waveform), is results brower ok? or any other ways?

pls help me, and tell me how to do post-simulation in calibre step by step, pls, thanks all.

Re: calibre PEX,pls

lhlbluesky said:
when i extracted PEX netlist (for ex: circuit1.pex.netlist)using calibre, how to run simulation with the PEX netlist in spectre (ic5141)? what is the procedure?

In input.scs, i delete the netlist part (with no parasitic parameters), and include the PEX netlist (for ex: include ./circuit1.pex.netlist), then run the simulation (run & netlist and run). but the result is the same, there is no difference. why?

besides, if i complete the post-simulation, how to observe the results (current or voltage waveform), just the same as before, select node and print esc button? or are there any other methods?

and, if use 'spectre input.scs' in terminal, then how to observe the results (current or voltage waveform), is results brower ok? or any other ways?

pls help me, and tell me how to do post-simulation in calibre step by step, pls, thanks all.

you could run post simulation by means of 1.)*.pex.netlist(spectre format) or by 2.) calibre view(calibreview format)
1.)create a postsim "testbench"(schematic view) and same cellname but "config view by
hierachy editor. you can check this topic on google
2.)create a calibre view by calibre pex, and it will be transformed into schematic view,
you can check that on google as well!!

and you can use result browser to check result, where result dir., input.raw, is locating at same dir. containing input.scs.

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back