Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to round corners in ADS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

student_11

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I am trying to round corners off my rectangular structure using ADS. After rounding all the vertices, the last one won't round at all. Its a strange problem I am facing and there is no such example present in the net.

Help appreciated. :)

Last edited:

When you convert a vertex to an arc then that vertex must be a sufficient distance from the adjacent vertices to draw the defined arc radius or the process will fail. What actual shape type have you drawn for the "rectangular structure". Select it and use Tools > Identify and ADS will show the shape type.

If you have really drawn a rectangle then there should be no problem if each side is long enough. If you have drawn a polygon then look closely at the reported Points (vertices). Do you have the expected number of vertices or too many? I suspect that at the corner that is failing to convert to an arc you have closely spaced vertices on a or around that polygon corner. With the shape selected zoom in to the problem corner and you will be able to see all the vertices. Select each unwanted vertex and delete it. Then all should work as expected.

Thank you for your response. My structure is actually 'H' .. a polygon. It is connected by 3 rectangle. I am able to round all the edges apart from the last one. There seems to be 2 vertices. Which should not be the case. And I am trying to delete a vertex, still not working. It wont select the vertex at all. Hence I am not able to delete it.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back