Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to replace pickup lens of portable dvd player

Status
Not open for further replies.

rishiraj36

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dear friends ,,
i have a portable DVD player with 7' screen i had got it repaired (lens changed ) from a local mechanic but he gave no guarantee i was charged 500 rs now i have the same problem my players pickup lens has gone bad ( no disk error flashing )i could see the cd spinning for a moment and stopping . i was told by one of my friend that there are lenses with some number on it and replacing is not a difficult job the lens costs about 100 - 150 rs and it is just to b replaced in the mechanism i dont want to spend 500-600 again for no guarantee i would request if any one could guide me to change the lens on my own if it is avaliable at around 150 rs in market thanks in advance....

Why to change lens? :shock:
There is no need for this !!!

You must perform good cleaning of lens and heart of optical device.
Check firmware update and ways to do this if possible.

I resolve about 30-40 pieces of optical devices just with cleaning!!!.

Flashing firmware with new version, often can help device to recognize some newer media.

Use isopropanol (isopropyl alchohole) for cleaning lens !!!!!!! NOT standard medical alchohol!!!!

Whach step by step guide:

**broken link removed**

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.