Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to remove ripples from Chopper stabilized Opamp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vrvadodariya

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
When we will design a chopper stabilized amplifier, due to offset, some ripple of the same frequency as the chopping frequency will be generated at the output. How many ways are there to remove this ripples?
I am in search of some useful material regarding this.

Hi,

the best is to avoid the ripple, so to make it as small as possible. Then the effort to attenuate it is minimal.

If you want to attenuate it with external circuit, then first you need to know all the frequency componets it contains, and their magnitude.
After that you can decide how to suppress it.

Do you think of:
* analog passive filters
* analog active filters
* digital filtering?

Klaus

Hi,

Basic idea of chopping is upconverting signal to the odd harmonics of chopping frequency. However, due to the fi nite bandwidth of the ampli er, some unwanted spurs emerge at even harmonics of the chopper frequency. You should filter them out. One good referance paper about noise suppression of these circuits is the Enz's famous paper which is named as "Circuit Techniques for Reducing the Effects of Op-Amp Imperfections: Autozeroing, Correlated Double Sampling, and Chopper Stabilization". You can find it in IEEE Xplore.

Actually I am trying to avoid it earlier only. So For that immediately after 2nd mixing stage, I have added SC notch filter. But I am not getting much advantage. So I wanted to know about some different effective methods.
I cannot use external circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.