Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] How to remove header from wav file?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandar Joshi

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am using PWM for sound generation on STK600(ATmega2560). PWM frequency I am using is 31.25KHz. By using coolwave I have converted sound file to to 8-bit PCM mono wav format. And then used hex editor to get corresponding hex values. But I am not getting how to separate header from wav file to get data bytes only? Is there any particular software or any other method to do so .

I have tried by discarding first 44 bytes but it didn't work. I get some sound but it is not even close to sound I am expecting.

Are you allowed to place here the pieces of code that you're using for read the file and convert it to PWM duty-cycle ?

hello,

maybe you have to write your own "spliter" program..
i worked any years ago on wav files..
maybe it can help you .

Attachments

• WAV2DAT.C.txt
    4.8 KB · Views: 204

Paul I will definitely go through your files and I am using hex editor to get values of wav files and then storing it on dataflash. Afterwards I am reading those values and putting them one by one on match compare register. Initially I have tried for a wav file which was available for me and it worked fine. But as I am trying now for different wav file it doesn't work. So it must be wav file header issue, code works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.