Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to reduce the beamwidth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kbmanick

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi ,

how to reduce the beamwidth especially for GROUNDED CPW FED SLOT ANTENNAS? what are the different methods?

with thanks in advance,

kbmani

Hi, Kbmani:

Add another ground plane next to your CPW fed slot antenna and it will surely reduce the bandwidth. Certainly, you will need to tune it again because it will change the performance of the antenna.

Best regards,

Respected Sir,

i think u know my structure. i want to reduce the beamwidth further. any suggestions plz...

bye from,

kbmani

Hi, kbmanik:

I am not sure whether I still have it. Please send it to me and tell me your goal. You can send it to jian@zeland.com. I am on travel. I may not be able to reply you soon because I can't access my e-mail even though I can access Internet here. Thanks!

Best regards,

Added after 2 hours 31 minutes:

Hi, kbmanick:

I did not realize that your question was about beamwidth instead of bandwidth (your last question was for bandwidth and beamwidth). Anyway, adding ground plane will also decrease the beamwidth, as well as bandwidth. Certainly, adding more element is the most efficient way to reduce beamwidth. That is a well known fact anyway.

Best regards,

Hello guys....

is there a formula for this "increasing rows of your patch antenna will decrease your beamwidth"? I'm trying to find something that say it!

Last I checked, when I add more rows to my rectangular patch antenna, my beamwidth decreased as well as my gain!

Please let me know if you have any information about this???

I appreciate you guys help

sam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back