Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to reduce offset for the op-amp in a LDO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alicia8283

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to reduce offset

i have an op-amp which is used for LDO. the Vref is about 1.16V.
At that point, my op-amp's offset is ~6mV will this a problem for my LDO?
How to lower the op-amp offset? my op-amp is only one stage op-amp which using high swing cascode current mirror as load current.
thanks in advance :)

how to reduce offset of opamp

The opamp offset will affect the output voltage of your LDO. It depends on your specs whether 6mv is a problem.
To reduce the offset voltage, you can increase the channel length of your diffential pair

reducing offsets in opamps

If this is a systematic offset, you should double check your design. Systematic offset in your opamp can be the effect of :
-low loop gain
-transistor that are biased in their triode region
-inequal W/L's in current mirrors and or differential pairs.

More important is to check whether your random offset is acceptable. If you have 6mV 6 sigma, this will be visible at the output of your LDO. (probably this is an amplified version of the reference voltage).

The random offset is defined by the matching of your input pair and your current mirrors, and this can be calculated when you have access to the process spec of your fab.

br, Jef

alicia8283

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
try increasing the length and width of the differntial pair and gm of the load and the diff pair has to be properly decied/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back