Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to reduce clk loads ( CLK load of 6255)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtcx

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How to reduce clk loads?

Hi friends!,I'm using Xilinx ISE 10x ver and in my design I'm using a synchronous 40MHz CLK Input for my SPARTAN 3 CHIP. The INSTANCE name for clk input is CLK. When I saw the Clk report in PAR, it shows a CLK load of 6255. I don't well understand if this much load creates any problems like poor routing or clock speeds or poor performance!...My design just gives a poor clock timing of upto 38MHZ where as the expected clk freq is 40MHz....Is there anything I can deal with the clk load?.Or can I share the clk resources?...Please help me clear this doubt!....Thanks guys

Re: How to reduce clk loads?

HI,

Try to pass your clock input from clock buffer and then use it.

It may help.

--
Shitansh Vaghela

Re: How to reduce clk loads?

Could you be more specific?.Before using the clock in multiple process in my design, I shared the clock onto many local buffers(signals in this case.But there was no use in doing that. However I haven't tried using IC's Buffer resources such as "BUFG".Are you meaning the buffers like BUFG, BUFGMUX etc?....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back