Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] How to red the Disassembly code of the KEIL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ps_arunkumar

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am to read the assembly code generated by the KEIL in the disassembly window. I am able to understand the assembly code but not able to understand the first two columns.

Please tell me what does the first two columns represent.

**broken link removed**

It's code address and generated opcode.

By the way, avoid multi-/crossposting.

I am not understanding. Could please explain me more. Also documents are appreciated.

I'm not sure which Keil compiler generated the listing, I guess it's ARM. I don't have it, but I checked that the Keil C51 compiler manual has many pages referring to list files, so the first and obvious question is, did you check your compiler manual?

I said code address and opcode, but I should correct th elatter for generated machine language instruction, because the opcode is only a part of it. Depending on the kind of listing (compiler object code or relocated linker output), the addresses are either relative (for the respective a module) or absolute (final memory addresses).

Yes I did read the compiler manual but not able to understand it. I am using ARM MDK-Lite.

Should I be using the opcode for my assembly language programming.?

How can i start assembly language programming. I read all the instructions in the ARM reference manual but when it comes to project, I don't know where and how to start.

I'm not particular familiar with ARM assembly language. Assembly level project examples, if shipped with the Keil C compiler, should be expected in the separate macro assembler manual. But I think, that assembly level projects are not the usual way to start ARM programming.

:
Should I be using the opcode for my assembly language programming.?

No need.. compiler/assembler will take care of opcodes... You can just write in assembly language.

: How can i start assembly language programming. I read all the instructions in the ARM reference manual but when it comes to project, I don't know where and how to start.

If you are learning the assembly programming, then better refer the example programs. Take any examples like hello world.. right click-->show disassembly at 0x0000(some address).. which opens the disassembly window and shows where the program starts. Here you can find both c and assembly languages.

I am just delivering you general information even i didnt worked on assembly language

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back