Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to realize a hybrid delta sigma modulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrick Yang

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I am now working on a project that maybe use the hybrid architecture with 1st stage CT INT(Gm-C INT) and DT INTs for other stages. I don't have the experience of designing a CT DSM or a Hybrid one. There are some questions about this kind of architecture.

1, How to realize the CTINT from DT one, I set up a DT simulink model with 0.5/(z-1) for 1st INT, I don't know how to realize it by CT one. Is is correct to replace z = 1+sT, so 0.5/z-1 == 0.5*T/s, Although this approximation is reasonable in mathmatics, but how to realize it in cadence, how can we define the gain 0.5*T in CT integrator.
2, The input of 1st stage INT is the difference of signal input VIN minus feedback votlage VFB, normally, it would be equal to quantization noise 1/2^N VDD. But for a CT INT the OTA's gain is quite large, the quantization noise will definitely saturate the output of OTA. So how to deal with this problem.

Could anyone help answer my questions. Many thanks in advance.

Best,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back