Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to read the output of PIR sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

aegis

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to read the output from the PIR sensor ? since the PIR module doesnt come with the manual. It has 3 pins ,

what u have a PIR module or a PIR sensor,
Module has lens + on board ckt,
where as PIR sensor is just like metal case transistor with silicon window,
If u have module ur work is much easier, find out from the three legs which is Vcc , ouput and GND, then provide a Vcc of 5V first and move hand infront of lens after 30sec or more, u will get 0.1-1sec pulse at output pin, if this doesnot work go for 12V as some modules work on 12V.
Now if u have sensor then u have to made a amplifier or use KC778b or similar chip,
I have posted one such amplifier, with title:
"EMI problem with high gain amplifiers"
this has got complete ckt diagram as jpg file

aegis

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
what i have is a PIR module , and finally find out how to read the output, i use the osciloscope , and do like what u said , and its working, the pins are 5 V Vcc, GND , and output,
btw how can i turn on/off and dimming the 220V lamp using microcontroller, using the PIR module as an input for the microcontroller. can i just use a solid state relay to dimming the light instead of turn on/off the 220V lamp ?

provide the ouput of the module to input pin of controller or u can also connect it to interrupt pin of controller, now u have to use mechanical relay to turn lamp on and off, if u wanna controller the intensity then u have to make use a R-2R ladder or DAC whose output goes to trigger/gate/control pin of scr or triac.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back