Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to read from excel file using c++

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomi_pkk

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
excel using c++

hi can anyone help me in reading the data from excel file using c++,also by avoiding csv file,r text file. i need to read data directly from excel file.
thxs in advance

how to read excel file in c++

I think you better refer to M$ office technical reference for details.

reading an excel file to c++

You can use Excel's Save As to XML Spreadsheet. This dump the content of excel to xml in text. Then you can use public library to read the xml data.

excel read using c++

You can use any of Microsoft's languages (VBA included) to open Microsoft applications. The exact interface (objects etc) depends on the version of the application that is being accessed. I recently wrote an article in Circuit Cellar that interfaced VB2005.net to MS Excel. It appeared in Issues 200 and 201 MArch and April 2007. It was related to using Modbus, so you may find the rest of the article distracting. Here are some related references that I used, just to get you started.

How to transfer data to an Excel Workbook by using Visual Basic .NET, Microsoft Article ID 306022

How to use MFC to automate Excel 2000 and Excel 2002 and obtain an array from a range in Excel 2000 and Excel 2002, Microsoft Article ID 186122

Microsoft Visual Basic 2005 Express help file: GetObject Function (Visual Basic)

How to automate Microsoft Excel from Visual Basic .NET, Microsoft Article ID 301982

An alternative may be to write your application from within Excel using VBA or Microsoft's latest languange VSTO.

-Aubrey Kagan

Status
Not open for further replies.