Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to properly do chip floor planning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

quaternion

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am newbie in the field of layout .I want to know how different parts of an analog system are arranged on the silicon area . If for example each part is assigned a certain area that is square this will waste silicon area & if each is assigned a fixed area that can be a rectangle so it will be hard to optimize area usage. And in both cases the system performance will be affected by the different positioning & dimensionality of different parts of the system. Who are the responsible for making such arrangements are they the analog designers of different parts?And How?

And I want to know what about the power management of different parts , for example how regulators could be arranged with the different parts of the system?

Please, clarify these to me, or recommend a good brief reference.

Chip Floor planning

Just to avoid typing the same again and again, make a search on this same forum about Floorplanning, I remember at least 2 or 3 topics where I gave my comments and recommendations about Analog chips Floorplanning.

In addition, I would recommend you to read Alan Hastings book The Art of Analog Layout, it has some interesting Floorplanning information and, more if you're a newbie, this is a "must read"...

Re: Chip Floor planning

I am sorry , i did a quick search & thought that most of the floor planning discussions were about digital floor planning .

After some search still this question remains.
quaternion said:
for example how regulators could be arranged with the different parts of the system?
Specially if the regulators are supplying digital & analog blocks (noisy & noiseless blocks).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back