Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to power off some array elements

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssubha

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need to selectively put the elements of array in high power mode. The rest of the elements in the array are put off i.e. no power supply is given to them. Is this achievable in electronics design?
For example: if i have the following verilog code
reg [0..3] arr[0..7];
i would like to have arr[0], arr[2] enabled and all other array elements disabled during operation. Is this possible?

Thank you,
s.subha

Last edited:

Dear ssubha,

supply voltage cut-off is possible; this is called power gating. However, from what you write, you need very fine grain power gating, and I don't know what are the drawbacks on this. However, you will not see power gating at RTL code, but during the backend of the flow, while inserting header/footer transistors to implement power gating.

Cheers

I request you to let me know that When the array elements are put in power off, the data is retained in them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back