Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to power FPGA up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mostafa_m

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have an FPGA and I want to configure it. I have JTAG cable which I can used to program it. But I want to know how to power it. I have control on all of it pins and I know it VCC and gnd pins. I want to know which VCC pins to cconnect. I connect only 1 VCC and VJtag pins only. is that right or I must connect all the Vcc and Gnd pins.

Thanks

You would need to connect all the VCC and ground pins. There are multiple ones for a reason. Usually they are connected to different sections of the circuits to construct VREFs and other grounding systems.

I sure hope you don't just have an FPGA sitting on their desk and are soldering wires to the balls. (If you are...then the part is probably already damaged due to ESD).

You also better adhere to any specific power up sequencing of the supply rails, especially ones that dictate any voltage differential between voltage rails. If you violate those you'll usually either damage the part or reduce its lifespan significantly.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.