Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to power 100 white LEDs? please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

nuttaphong191

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
100 LED's together

i would go about connecting about 100 LED's together either series or parallel. i am using "AA" batteries to light the LED's.

Re: 100 LED's together

The same question on 3 or 4 websites.
But your details about it are missing.
Bright? Dim? Batteries must last for 1 minute? For one day? alkaline batter? Ni-MH battery?

nuttaphong191 said:
i would go about connecting about 100 LED's together either series or parallel. i am using "AA" batteries to light the LED's.

Ni-Mh AA batter will give you about 2000mAh (some claims up to 2500)

For 100 x 20mA alone that's 2000mAh = 2Ah. But you have to factor in the current limiting resister etc.

what type of LED you are using? What's the Vfwd? And how much current you plan to drive them at?

You could drive the LEDs with few mA, but it is not going to full brightness.

On another website a link was posted for a headlight for a bike. It has 53 white LEDs and is powered from 3 AA battery cells. It is cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back