Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to plot vco gain using Hspice???

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonnyasu

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
plot vco gain

Hi, I have met a problem during my project. I need to plot the vco gain but I don't have spectre analyzer. I 'm using hspice... Does anyone know how to plot the gain using hspice? I know you can use .measure to measure the frequency and plot against vctrl sweep. But how would you do the sweep wrt temperature and voltage changes? I 'm using .alter to sweep the vctrl and .temp to sweep the temperature but I don't know how to sweep the vdd voltage at the same time.. Anyone knows or do you know a better way to measure vco gain through Hspice?

Thanks so much!!

Hi,

i don't think u can measure freq. directly in u r tool.

wht I did was,

write a freq. meter module in verilogA(u can also google it ), connect it to your vco output. if every thing is correct , tool will give out the measured freq. and u can made this freq. as function of u vctrl, bias, temp based on your simulation step up.

sweep is normally 2D, if u r looking for 3D(vctrl, bias,temp) then use ".data"

hope this helps.

thanks,

hi sonnyasu
how have u plot freq vz control voltage of vco in hspice?can u please give me syntax?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back