Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to pass the received characters from pc to an array

Status
Not open for further replies.

bridge_gap

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello everyone!
i'm a 5th year engineering student and for my final project i want to build a moving message display using PIC16F628A and a matrix LED display driver like MAX6952. for example if the user type "hello world!" the characters will be received by the PIC and will be stored in an array and after that it will be decoded by the display driver. any suggestions on how i can accomplish the passing of the received characters to an array?
thank you very much and God bless!:D

well... what do you have already running?
maybe first make a design, test you USART and LED matrix, then... it's done? what's your real problem???

I think storing the whole message in an array then, decoding it with the MAX chip will cause some problems like:
1- You don't know how many characters the user will enter hence, how are you going to define the array size?
2- How are you going to detect that the user had finished entering his message to start decoding?

For the above two reasons, I suggest that you decode the character as soon as the user entered it.

I hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back