Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to partition a hard drive with Windows XP installed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

omara007

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Partition Magic

Hi guys ..
If you have a 100GB HDD with only one drive (C:), and there is already a windows XP installed on it. What are the steps needed to partition this drive into C, D, E for example using Partition Magic ?
Given that the C: partition is formatted as NTFS .. and there are some small tiny negligable partitions with no names formatted as FAT32 .. but I don't want to touch them and I need to work on C: ..

Partition Magic

well
i used PQ MAgic long before

as i remember:
Back up your importan data first

1. run partition magic
2. Select the partition (C:)
3 On the left panel (Pick A TAsk...) Choose resize partition/ or if ucan't find it on the left panel click Partition==>Resize/move

4. Resize your C as u wished for
5. After it the cluster used by c will become unknown
6. Click Create new partition and decide it's size and format
7. Build as many partition you want

PS: You are right. Never select/don't click on the small FAT 32 as it'll damage your data

Best Regard

omara007

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Re: Partition Magic

Before running Partition Magic it is always a good idea to run Disk Defragmenter from Accessories/System Tools.
If you need more info on this, go to:
**broken link removed**
Regards,
IanP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back