How to operate 24V stepper motor using Spartan-3e?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BooM

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,

I use the spartan 3e and I want to operate a stepper motor which has rated voltage 24v. So,my question is if I need an external source in order to actuate the motor or can I take from the fpga 24v??

Thank you in advance!

spartan-3e

The FPGA I/O pins tolerate relatively low voltages and currents, around 3.3V and 25mA (see the data sheet).
You need a separate 24V power supply and some interface circuits to switch the motor's higher voltage and current.

Re: spartan-3e

hi echo

Thank you very much!

spartan-3e

If you want control your motor with such a large voltage (24V) then it is better to use opto couplers or buffers in between driver circuit (which will be made with darlington transistors/MOSFETs) and FPGA.

Use DA converter controled with FPGA and output amplifiers for achieving 24V level.

thank you very much gays for your reply.

cheggy could you tell me more detailed your idea please? I am very new to FPGA.
Thank you in advance!

If U need to control voltage level U may send digital data from Your FPGA to DA converter, then buffer DA output and amplify it. In this manner U define the final (amplified) signal level by simply sending bigger/smaller digital number value from FPGA output pins to DA.

cheggy Thank you!!!!

I ll try to do it.

Oh!! I really sorry...I would write GUYS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…