How to modify digital fm receiver frequency range?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkw

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
modify fm receiver range

Please i would like to know, if is possible to modify the operation frequency of the my digital fm receiver.
I has purchased an microsystem (CD Player+Fm/Am Receiver+Cassete Player) on Japan, and the FM frequency on that coutry is 76Mhz~90Mhz, but now i live on different coutry, when the FM frequency range is 88MHz~108MHz, and many stations are not received, of course.
The tunner is digital, (changed by press button)
Model is CD8545 by Philips.
Thanks in advance.
MKW

This is a question only Philips can answer. Your receiver propably has a phase locked loop and if the VCO of the loop can cover the required frequency range they should be able to reprogram the new frequencies. Same thing goes with front RF filters and RF amplifier. If these cover the frequency range fine, if not they might need to change/retune them. Probably it could cost you more sending it back (if this is possible) instead of buying a new one.

Good luck
Cross

bit set

If a similar product is sold where you are, they are probably programmed by juts a few hardware bits. Look inside for the synthesizer chip and see if there are some pins that look like they can be set high or low with jumpers.

Ham equipment is done the same way with bits to set the country they are sold in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…