Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to mention initialize state in "vitdec" of MATLAB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmsa474

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all

I want to know how one can initialize a particular state (not necessarily zero state) for "vitdec" built-in command of MATLAB?

I want to use this functionality for Tail-Biting Viterbi Decoding in which decoder saves state while trellis construction as well as traceback.
Anyone who could help, would be appreciable.
To reply me otherwise: a.salim98@yahoo.com
Thanks.

Ahmed

First, a trellis has to be generated. Then, this function can be used with the trellis. I don't think its possible to set the state. If you want to give it a try, purposefully make an error in the function by not giving some parameters, matlab will say some error occured in line xx of this function.Click on the function and see if anything can be changed. If you can change, then copy the stuff and paste it in a new function, defined by you and use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.