Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to measure the jitter of the PLL clock in cadence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

santi001

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
PLL simulation in Cadene

Hi All,

I am doing simulations on PLL in Cadence.

Could you please tell me how to measure the jitter of the PLL clock in cadence?

I tried using "period_jitter" function and "eyeDiagram" following are the two statements of the above funtions and the results.

2.86nsec the time period of the VCO clock. I have clipped from transient results
and it is from 10.5u to 15u.

eyeDiagram(VT("/VCO_CLK") 10.5u 15u 2.86E-09 ) ~ 77psec

period_jitter(VT("/VCO_CLK") "rising" ?mode "auto" ?binSize 0 ?xName "time" ?outputType "plot" ) ~ 6nsec

I am not able to decide which one to trust?

Best Regards
Santosh

Re: PLL simulation in Cadene

I ALSO WORKING IN SAME FIELD COULD YOU HELP ME BY TELLING WHAT HAVE DONE IN THIS FIELD

Re: PLL simulation in Cadene

Whenever I hear the words PLL and Cadence uttered in the same breath I cringe, remembering old grad school projects. I recommend exporting raw transient data to matlab, (yes the transient takes a few years to run, I know) and then hack it from there.

I don't know if Cadence is doing transient noise these days but remember that if you don't use that you're only getting some of the final jitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back