Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to measure the EVM of HMC497? First time to measure EVM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

saulbit

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Thanks to the kind-hearted people in the forum, I was able to understand the basic I/Q modulator such as HMC497. Now I am testing the RF IQ output. I use the E8267D from Agilent as the I/Q baseband signal generator. In the beginning I test the QPSK signals, the symbol row was used as fixed four, such as "1001". Then I tuned the DC offset to suppress the LO emission. When the emission was suppressed by about 50dBc, I test the EVM using the E4440 spectrum, also from the Aglient, with the EVM about 0.3%. However, when I changed the fixed four symbol row, such as from "1001" to "1011", the EVM result would raise to a level of amore than 20%. The LO frequency and symbol rate remained unchanged. So how can I test the EVM? Welcome to any suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back