pfaisalbe

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to measure inductance

Hi

I am trying to measure the inductance of current transformer (200/5 A , 33 KV). Initially I use LCR meter, it has three frequency ranges. It gives very different values in those frequencies. Later I used a simple voltmeter and ammeter method using the Z =V/I. This method gives results depending upon the input level. If we take the saturation point only V remains fixed and current not. I am confused, Is there anyway to find the CT inductance without error ? .

I think L is independent of Frequency and XL is depend on frequency , Is that correct ?

Please let me help if there is any solution for this problem

Faisal

measure inductance

You should know the saturation voltage from the transformer specification and apply a voltage below nominal rating.

Measurement with LCR meter at low frequency (e.g. 100 Hz) should give basically correct values. However, a current transformer isn't required to have a specified inductance as long as the inductive current with maximum allowed load impedance is smaller than the specified current error.

current transformer saturation

Hi

Do u mean , Inductance measurement should be carried out in the linear portion of the excitation curve ?

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…