Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to measure inductance of of current transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.

pfaisalbe

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to measure inductance

Hi

I am trying to measure the inductance of current transformer (200/5 A , 33 KV). Initially I use LCR meter, it has three frequency ranges. It gives very different values in those frequencies. Later I used a simple voltmeter and ammeter method using the Z =V/I. This method gives results depending upon the input level. If we take the saturation point only V remains fixed and current not. I am confused, Is there anyway to find the CT inductance without error ? .

I think L is independent of Frequency and XL is depend on frequency , Is that correct ?

Please let me help if there is any solution for this problem

Faisal

measure inductance

You should know the saturation voltage from the transformer specification and apply a voltage below nominal rating.

Measurement with LCR meter at low frequency (e.g. 100 Hz) should give basically correct values. However, a current transformer isn't required to have a specified inductance as long as the inductive current with maximum allowed load impedance is smaller than the specified current error.

current transformer saturation

Hi

Do u mean , Inductance measurement should be carried out in the linear portion of the excitation curve ?

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back