Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to measure Gm of FET in IC 5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dd2001

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How to measure Gm?

In IC5, how to measure Gm of FET?

Thanks.

Re: How to measure Gm?

Can you be more specific? What is IC5?

Gm is the transconductance of the FET!
When the FET is in saturation,
gm=2*Id/(Vgs-Vt)*(Vgs-Vt)

Hope this will help you...
I think you can get it by reading some books! :D

in IC4.4.6 - should be similar in IC5:

- run DC analyses, save the operating point
- in Calculator choose OP button, select the transistor you need, then select gm in the list

regards, Alex

What is IC5 actually? Is it a transistor or a device?

ic 5 is cadence new version tool.

borodenkov said:
in IC4.4.6 - should be similar in IC5:

- run DC analyses, save the operating point
- in Calculator choose OP button, select the transistor you need, then select gm in the list

regards, Alex

Following your word, got OP("/I0/I0/TP0", "gm") in display window, but how to display the result? I click "print", "printvs", "plot" ..., all don't display result of "gm", how to get it?

No idea - it works fine for me.. Check some options, look what's written in msfb (or icfb) window.

The other way how you can look at all transistor DC parameters is choosing Results->Print->DC operating points an dthen click on the transistor you are interested

How to measure Gm?

Yes , I also see Gm value from Artist windows. It is very useful for operation point.

you can calculate gm by the fromula, which you can find in any book and the PDK document of technology you use
Regards

How to measure Gm?

Run DC Analysis. You can see operationg point of Mos

How to measure Gm?

Is there any difference between OP and OPT button in the Calculator of Candance to get Gm?

for transistor's gm you can see it by way of the resultbrowser. for circuit ,you should simulate it in accord to the defenition of Gm

How to measure Gm?

Operation point can be obtained not only with DC analysis. OP can be saved during transient analysis in specified time points. Time points are specified in "infotimes" entry which is located in transient analysis options.
I am agree that it's more usefull to see all information about OP that only one value of Gm.

How to measure Gm?

Just run DC analyses, then u can print the DC node voltage(?I forget it, but the print button can do it ,just try it) and u can find the GM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back