Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to measure and improve PSRR in opamp design

Status
Not open for further replies.

dayang

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
My target is to design a opamp in 180nm 1.8v power supply.The input and output need rail to rail.My question is about the PSRR,How to measure it(use a close loop configuration or a open loop configuration)? How to improve it(just simply increase the channel length? is there any guideline about it ? I have read the posts here but still not understand it clearly, Help!!

REGARDS

Re: Help in Opamp Design

it could be improved by using cascade cofigurations that shield the circuit from power supply ...

tavakoli said:
it could be improved by using cascade cofigurations that shield the circuit from power supply ...

The question is that when you use a rail to rail input configuration , there is not enough vlotage to hlod the cascade current mirror to work correctly.

dayang said:
Hello,
My target is to design a opamp in 180nm 1.8v power supply.The input and output need rail to rail.My question is about the PSRR,How to measure it(use a close loop configuration or a open loop configuration)? How to improve it(just simply increase the channel length? is there any guideline about it ? I have read the posts here but still not understand it clearly, Help!!

REGARDS
PSRR=20*log(ΔVout/ΔVcc)
so use closed loop, introduced AC signal at VCC and then probe Vout

Btrend said:
dayang said:
Hello,

REGARDS
PSRR=20*log(ΔVout/ΔVcc)
so use closed loop, introduced AC signal at VCC and then probe Vout

Yes ,I got it and final PSRR is about 31dB, thank you very much

Status
Not open for further replies.