Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to manufacture multi-chip LED?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajdes36

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi expert seniors,

I would like to know if multi-chip LEDs are being manufactured in India? What is the process, equipments needed? I think it should be something like SMT board assembling. In china, they use bridgelux, CREE, Epistar SMD LEDs and arrange them in the arrage as required. ATTACH=CONFIG]92614[/ATTACH]

I have done BE, MBA and would like to consider setting up factory instead of continuing with job. Please guide me in the right direction.

Attachments

• 100w-led-white.jpg
    100w-led-white.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 50

@tpetar: I am grateful to you for your prompt, informative help.
What you have sent is "making of single LED chip" which is domain of Bridgelux, CREE, EPISTAR, NISCIA etc. I would buy those chips from them and assemble the chips atop suitable heatsink base with gold wires in 3,5, 2*5, 5*4, 5*10, 10*10 array to make 3W, 5W, 20W, 50W, 100W multi-chip LED. (as shown in my post)
I need to know more about this assembly process, materials, equipments used.

Thank you Sir Peter,
You are very knowledgeable, resourceful and above all helpful. I aspire to be like you one day. The videos shared by you broadened my knowledge about the kind of processes, technologies used in the industry. The above video is for making single chip LED from Wafer, but process after 4:15 in video is relevant, I expect similar process to be followed for multichip with some more complexity.

with best wishes,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back