Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to manage with DVI interface?

Status
Not open for further replies.

YUV

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, All.

Most of all DVI receivers (I didn't inspect for all) have CTL pins (CTL1, -2, -3). Their functions are described as "General output control signal 1(2,3)". It is good opportunity to carry control signals for target device via DVI.
Unfortunately, I never have seen any applications of them.
Of course, if I made own DVI transmitter, I would make that management. But I would like to use a common VGA card with DVI output. So, I have no info about access to those pins on transmitter's side.
I have inspected CTL1..3 pins with oscilloscope - no one was changing.
Have somebody any info or, may be, met any software, which can manage those signals? Are there any standard soft libraries?

you may find some interesting info here :

**broken link removed**

samsuffy said:
you may find some interesting info here :

**broken link removed**

Sorry, Samsuffy, you sent me for DVI standard. It's very kind of you, but I have already got it. I repeat the question: how to manage CTL1..3 signals of common VGA card? The standard doesn't describe these things.

Did You find how to manage CTL1..3 signals of common VGA car

Did You find how to manage CTL1..3 signals of common VGA card?

Unfortunately, I haven't found how to manage CTL1..3 signals. If you have luck to find that, let me know, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back