Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to make the same PCB in different thickness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edabs

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hii all,
How to make different thickness in same PCB(eg: 1.6mm and 1mm)? and 1mm thickness should be in round shape.I am using altium designer 14.1.
thanks.

Hello!

I don't understand your question.

For the thicness:
1. If you do it yourself, just buy some raw PCB thicker or thinner depending on what you want.
2. If you order it, any maker allows you to choose the thickness, the data files are exactly the same.

For the roundness:
I don't know the software (altium) you are using for PCB design, but if you draw a round outline, there are quite some
chances that the PCB will be round.

Dora.

Talk to your board manufacturer about what you want, they will be best to advise what can be done.

You may have to have a multi layer board made or a thick one and route a lot off the top etc

Hi
i think it is not possible.you can get seperate thickness pcb.in one pcb different thickness not able to get

hii all,
How to make different thickness in same PCB(eg: 1.6mm and 1mm)? and 1mm thickness should be in round shape.I am using altium designer 14.1.
thanks.
Hi, it seems that you can not design the thickness in the pcb design software, what you need to consider is that which total thickness should be better for your board and that if it is multilayer pcb, then you should know the inner/outer copper thickness and which kind of PP should be used. Then inform all this information to the manufacturer.

You can make thinner regions on a PCB by partial milling. I have also seen PCBs where only part of the area was laminated with additonal prepregs and substrates. But the edges don't look so well because prepreg material is flowing horizontally.

In any case, it's not a tools rather than a PCB production problem.

The PCB file is just the graphical representation. So after generating the gerber you need to discuss with PCB fabricator (manufacturer) regarding the thickness of the PCB which is needed for you. They will make it for you with the different thickness from a single file.

I think it is difficult to make the different thickness in one PCB.But if it is just a little area to make 1mm thickness,you can define the area in PCB file,the manufacture will make it as the controlling depth holes.I don't know if you need the info?

Perhaps if Edabs came back and explained his original question, gave more information on what is wanted then it would be clearer to us?

Perhaps if Edabs came back and explained his original question, gave more information on what is wanted then it would be clearer to us?

I'm sure this is probably one of those drive by posts...Edabs probably posted this exact same question to multiple forums and got their answer on another forum...

Have a look at Wurths PCB site.....
I asked them for a quote last week, and they're prohibitively expensive for small prototyping volumes. Was around 1000 EUR for a 4 x 8 rigid flex board without special features like 2.5D milling (as suggested by FvM).

same pcb in different thickness? that is really not a problem at all.
Just specify the board thickness finished(copper thickness is necessary ). And the manufacturing engineer will figure out the stackup to meet your requirement.
For example: QQ图片20150319150110.png
I hope it is helpful.
I am Roy from China.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back