How to make symmetry when simulating circuit in Sonnet lite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anyer

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
sonnet lite

I am new in this area and i donno how to make symmetry when i simulate my circuit which is band pass filter with coplanar waveguide. It keeps telling me that there is a port bellow the symmetry and as you know that we use ports on both side to represent the ground plane.
best regards

Re: sonnet lite

Can your avoid using the simetry? It is tricky to set up simulation properly.

The ports above and below the line of symmetry should be the same. In your case, the CPW port on the signal line should be 1 and the two ports on either ground plane should be -1, indicating that "Port 1" is a push-pull port, or that the port is fed 180 degrees out of phase with respect to the ground planes. Labeling both ground plane ports "-1" ties them together as far as Sonnet is concerned; there's no need for bridges or additional metalization to connect these two ground planes. The same goes for "Port 2." If you're having trouble just don't draw anything below the symmetry line/plane; Sonnet ignores it in the analysis anyway. You're getting an error, or warning, message because Sonnet is detecting that your model is not symmetrical.

Good Luck!

Thanx alot guys.\]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…