Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to make an USB dongle for PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

msadek_eng

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I made a software and i need to make a protection on it , so i need to a hardware dongle to the PC with USB , i have a good experience in ucontroller programmin so please any one guide me

Re: How to make a dongle

Hi,
you have a many different ways to solve the problem, but first you must know what exactly you need. Do you need to lock software to the PC or not?
The simple way is to send encrypted string to the dongle, dongle should decrypt the sting, make some processing and return to you against encrypted string. If the result is right the software should be started. In google you can find many encryption algorithms.

**broken link removed**

How to make a dongle

i think the best way for protecting a software is using the software locks.for example you can use some software which encrypt you exe code with a key which no body can't dicompile it and so if you send the key to user then the user will be able to use your software.
you know if you use a dongle the hackers can decompile your code and then understad what are you doing and how you check the dongle and then they can pach your code easily.

dongle is simple way just use a pic microcontroller that has usb interface and use LVP feature in it more i will tell you later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back