Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HOw to make Altium cut inside board and make CNC cut board after drilling ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABOELLEEL

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a problem with PCB manufacturer that cutting board outline (boundaries) is not right as i want and cut inside the board. How can i do that?

Board was fabricated means using the drilling & cutting tools cut manually.
if still it's in under fabrication means prepare document ex-actually where you want to cut & give to your fabricator.

Regards,
Jaya

Draw the board outline in MECHANICAL layer in Altium. Generate the mechanical gerber along with the other layers and send it to pcb fabricator.

This should solve your problem.

-Nishal

If you already define the board shape, use that to create the board outline. From the menu select, Design > Board Shape > Create Primitives from Board Shape.. then select the layer you want...

If you want a cutout placed in AD, there are a few ways to so this;

1. - Draw a solid region using --> "Place" --> "Solid Region" (PR). Once you have drawn it double click it to bring up the properties and set it to board cutout.
2. - Draw your cut out with lines (possibly on your board cutout layer) and then select these and use "Tools" --> "Convert" --> "Create Board Cutout" (TVB) you will now have a board cut out drawn by the center of your lines.
3. I'm sure there are other ways also...

This will allow you to export the board cuts outs with your gerbers.

Hope this helps,
Chris.

Actually you just have to provide details and location of the cutout to your manufacturer, it is always better to ask him about how he needs the information.
Otherwise all the above suggestions are good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back