Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to make a TV receiver ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

amr_electron

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
tv receiver

Any one have any circuit or idea on how to make a tv receiver . I want to apply power & RF signal to the circuit and get BASEBAND video output plus the audio.

REGARDS

Re: tv receiver

I would suggest that you find yourself an old VCR (must be plenty of faulty VCRs by now) and "extract" HF receiver out of it.
It will have baseband video+audio. There will be couple of things to connect: power (usually around 12Vdc), tunning voltage for tuner (0-33Vdc), band selector...

thank you IanP for your reply,
But i only need a low cost receiver which could consist of an old tuner .

You might try going to a repair shop to buy one. They probably can sell you one on the spot or order one for you. The complex part is the digital interface you will have to interface to the outside world. There may not be any data sheets on it.

I connected an analoge tuner to a Vtune resistor and a
band selector and got the IF signal out .
What's the next step to get the audio and baseband
video out from the IF signal,
Please post any schematics or INFOs.
Regards

tv receiver

You are probably missing the IF amplifier, the detector, the sound IF amplifier, and the sound detector. Go get the missing pieces.

Or follow IanP's simpler suggestion. Find an old VCR that has video/audio outputs, and you are done. Doesn't matter if the tape transport works or not. You can probably find one for free.

tv receiver

Buy a cheap tv card like fly. I purchased about 20$.

Remove the tuner and control it via pic or pic and PC. Audio and video signals ready from the tuner. 33v etc. circuits also . You need only 5v for tuner power. And you have to add 2 buffer for audio and video. The buffers can be done by 1 tr. (BC337 voltage follower current source)

Get PLL IC's I2C protocol from the datasheet. Perhaps TSA5523M. etc.

YES THIS IS STAND A LONE TV RECEIVER.

some ideas here: this is radio only receiver:
https://hem.passagen.se/communication/uv916rec.html

Be happy.

amr_electron said:
Any one have any circuit or idea on how to make a tv receiver . I want to apply power & RF signal to the circuit and get BASEBAND video output plus the audio.

REGARDS

ASSUMING you have the antenna part, which you did not mention.

You have not mentioned the standards. What standard?
Also indoor TV or outdoor TV?
Satellite TV or broadcast TV?
plus others (as included) as contrast, tint, RGB circuits, etc?

anyway... here is something if I think it can be helpful. See the picture

It's terresterial transmission, PAL B/G.
The IF output is at 38.9 MHz European Standard.

Hi,

sorry for cutting in... but you guys know what are the specs for PAL?

In particular, I need the specs for the PAL output of those miniature CMOS survellience . PAL is 5MHz?

Also, how sensitive is a conventional TV to this signal? (How good the tracking, min power of signal for detection... etc )

I'm building a microwave tx at 6GHz to AM this video sig. So I'd like to see if I'll be able to down-covert the signal (on a receiving patch antenna, mixer and sig gen but without a LNA) to baseband and view the video on a TV.

Currently, I can get a -60+ dBm signal at baseband (seems to 4.5MHz, I not too sure). Don't know if I'm on the right track.... Any advice welcomed :)

Many Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.