Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to make a S-param simulation with ADS more accurate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric.Lee

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
When simulated the PA loadpull match, the duplexer+antenna's S parameter are measured and givend in s1p file for ADS simulation, the components L C use the murata's design kit. But the result is quite different from what measured from NA.

How to make the simulation more accurate? should i involve the pcb trace as microstrip line? Is there any experts made this kind simulation which according well with the measured result?

Wish your reply. Thanks very much.

what is the frequancy range ?

to get the max accuracy , u need to use the Microstrips , even u need to draw the layout and make ADS simulate it EM and cinclude it in schemctic simulation " it is called circuit EM co simulation"

i have used it with good accuracy to 7 GHz PA

khouly

khouly said:
what is the frequancy range ?

to get the max accuracy , u need to use the Microstrips , even u need to draw the layout and make ADS simulate it EM and cinclude it in schemctic simulation " it is called circuit EM co simulation"

i have used it with good accuracy to 7 GHz PA

khouly
First, Thanks for your reply.
my frequency range is aroud 800Mhz, the simulation with the PA your done is under pcb or other process such as ltcc or cmos? Is the EM sim under ltcc or IC process more accurate than pcb? i do feel that the pcb model very complex and i couldn't put hands in.

by the way,could you send me some info for "circuit EM co simulation in ADS",my email:hto.lee@gmail.com.

Another question:when i doing PA loadpull match, the datasheet provided by ic corp didn't match well with the experiment, is there any convenient way to acheive loadpull matching for certain requirements.

i have used a PCB ,

check the help files of ADS , it contain alot of info ,

the loadpull data , sometimes be different , coz the company , make dempeding of the transistors , if u have a load pull setup it will be great to measure the load pull data in ur lab

khouly

S-Parameters will not take in to account the Non-linearities of a PA!
What is the Power of your PA?

power range mainly concentrate at 10dbm~24dbm,which depends on the tranceiver's. what do you mean by "S-Parameters will not take in to account the Non-linearities of a PA!"? confused.

Eric.Lee said:

power range mainly concentrate at 10dbm~24dbm,which depends on the tranceiver's. what do you mean by "S-Parameters will not take in to account the Non-linearities of a PA!"? confused.

It means small signal S-para won't change with output power increaseng, it's linear. So it can't take in to account the Non-linearities of a high PA.
Actually, Do you know what your propose of loadpull is ?

Yes,sure, I just care more about how to improve efficient for finding a good matching point. 3x a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back