How to make a high voltage generator that uses a battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leosedf

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
High Voltage Generator

Hello! Does anyone know how to make a high voltage generator that uses a battery? 12V i think, with 4 scales e.g scale 1 sends 800v scale 2 sends 1200v etc... i don't care about the output mA. Do i have to use a Transformer? i saw a circuit that uses a normal 230/12v transformer to produce high voltage. This circuit will be used for small high voltage pulses

Re: High Voltage Generator

Take a look at Emco modules
**broken link removed**
not cheap buy easy and performing.
Damdam

My source voltage is 12V and 300mA(forgot that ) . I have seen it happen it was a small Circuit with IRF530N and a small transformer. And i think CD4060

I need onw or two pulses by press of a button. Nothing else. But as i see on this page they have very small power supplies. Size does matter

Hi, targo, what is the max voltage that I can obtain by plasmatron

you can use a simple inductor. The inductor will be supplied with a current, when suddely stopping this current the back EMF will induce a high voltage peak. The problem is to find a high voltage switch that can widthstand the voltage peak. For increasing power you can use a big capacitor (16v some mF) to store power you can use for your short pulse.

another technique is to use a cascade with capacitors and diodes to multiply voltage. This is not working for single pulses, it requires at last a few pulses.

What is your application??

@gicapa
i don't know, i think over 30kv. i drive this circuit with 12v for the 3525 and 30v 7A for the powermosfet (IXTH50N20). It works great.

targo

Hi,

on page 24 and 25 from the below application note from Motorola, you'll find some simple high voltage/low current applications. If the link doesn't work, let me know and I'll post the appnote to you

**broken link removed**

Regards, Al

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…