Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to make 8 pin relay using two 5 pin relays

Status
Not open for further replies.

vantyg619

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hey there

i wan to know if a 8 pin relay can be made with two 5 pin relays. i kind of know how to make one but have serious doubts about the numbering of pins. can anybody help me.

thanks

i am making a project which requires the use of 12 V 8 pin relays.
now 8 pin relays are bit expensive and i want to buy them only as last resort.
so i got an idea that one 8 pin relay can be made using two 5 pin relays by joining some pins.

the problem is i am not sure about the numbering of so formed 8 pin relay. i do not want to mess up my project over my creative thoughts so i need help.

What is the expected output of an 8pin relay, which pins are supposed to connect and how many states will you have?
Does the 8pin relay have 4 switches (2 pin each) or is it something different.

Alex

Hi vantyg619

I am guessing that you wish to convert SPDT Relay to DPDT Relay.
SPDT Relay : Two pins for coil, one Pole and two Throw ( totally 5 pins)
DPDT Relay : Two pins for coil, two Pole and two sets of two Throw (totally 6 pins). Kindly look at the diagram..

To convert SPDT to DPDT Relay... you have to actuate to coils of SPDT Relays together...
Hope this helps...

If "5 pin" means SPDT and "8 pin" DPDT, then two relays will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back