Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to let cadence save several op points in a feedback amp

Status
Not open for further replies.

kidmanbasha

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to let cadence generate several op points and not only one in order to simulate gmro vs Vds and stuff like that. I know how to plot op point parameters. I just wanna know how to have several oppoints for several Vgs's.Thanks

look for the .out file after the simulation run for DC analysis with input voltage sweep from VDD to VSS, there u'll find all the pointsof analysis and there u can choose ur op points.

Re: How to let cadence save several op points in a feedback

It seems there are two questions in your original question. Or rather, possibility to expand to two questions thus 2nd answer is just for your reference :)

1. Save op points.
Although there are multiple ways of doing this, one quick way of doing this is to include following statement as a separate file and include it in your model setup.
For example, you can save "save NM0:all" to save all oppoints of NM0 and store this line in a file and include this file in model library in ADE(setup->model library setup). In some model where they are using subcircuits for mosfet, you may need to do "save NM0.mn:all" where mn is actual mos subcircuit in NM0. If you are specifically interested in specific parameter such as gm, you can also do "save NM0:gm" and etc.

2. Plot using different axis.
Assume you have gm, vov saved and plotted using some method. Once plot is there, double-click x-axis, and change to data you want to use as x-ais from "Plot vs" drop-down menu.

Hope this helps.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.