Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to learn C and microcontroller programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

m.mokhtar

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all
I want to learn microcontrollers programming especially Atmel, I need to learn it with minimum time,and minimum reading ,also the request for learning C language .I have some handbooks but they are big enough to disregard learning both.
Thanks

Try this link,

and goto "Microcontroller" section in this fourm to more,

Regards,
Isuaranja

"The C Programming Language" by Kernighan and Ritchie is THE classic C text, by the inventor (Ritchie) of the language. Despite the author's lofty qualifications, the book is very readable for beginners. If it's not in this book, it's not worth knowing.
Regards,
Jon

you can download keil software and use the manual book of the software.
this reference of C programming for atmel 8bit uController

If you were not so particular about Atmel, I would have suggested PIC from Microchip along with mikroC compiler from mikroelektronika.

Most importantly, their hardware boards are good too.

It is the fatest way to directly hot the applications.

bimbla.

Embedded C
by Michael J. Pont
This is a good introduction to Keil's C51 compiler. I have 1 year experience writing PIC code using CCS C compiler. My latest project is to develope 8051 microcontroller firmware using Keil's C Compiler. The documentation provided by Keil is limited and confusing, not a good one to beginner.
"Embedded C" is definitely a rather good introductory book to Keil's C51 compiler. It is suitable to reader who already has knowledge of C programming. In this book, some special features and instructions are explained, such as sbit and the I/0 pin (which bother me the most in the beginning stage, as 8051 I/O is different from PIC and Motorola).

Furthermore, the author also introduce the Real Time Concept, RS232 etc which differ the Embedded C with the desktop C. This is especially useful to beginner of embedded programming.

You can download it from:

Ritchie is good book. Also try book by robert Lafore.

Atmel! Go to Atmel download the latest Studio for AVR. ( AVR Studio 4.12 (build 460)
Download WINAVR https://sourceforge.net/projects/winavr/
install WINAVR first

No code limitation and the C is open source. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles of commercial packages, but it is real powerful.

Any problems, ask at avrfreaks.net
Cheers
Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.