Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to keep the good maintenance of any brand of a PLC esp of Siemens PLC like S 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

dineshdeshmuk

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How to keep the good maintenance of any brand of a PLC esp of Siemens PLC like S 7 - 300 & S 7 - 200 ?

I think in maintenance we should execute company instructions. but in common instruction we have :
1- check lose connection at a time-schedule
2- use protection circuit for any part for example use snubber or free-wheel circuit , correct breakers ,....
3- replace timeworn parts according to instructions.
4- clean all device (dust, trash particles ...)

Archive the software in at least two places (one off site).
Frank

what do you mean by that Chuckey (Frank) ? I couldn't comprehend it

would you elaborate it in a simple terms & language ?

thanks a lot

Copy the soft ware onto some long lasting media (not Zip cassettes) and store them some where safe along with any loading/running instructions so anyone not familiar with the system can restart it from cold.
Out in the real world industrial computers run until the plant is replaced. For instance there are systems I worked on in 1989 which are still running and the software is backed up on 3 1/4" floppy discs. how many PCs can run these?, make sure you keep a machine.
Frank

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back