Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to interface the 8051 with the RF transmitter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
que es el 8051 transmiter

sir,
i all diagrams they have connected switches to data pins...how to send serial data from tx pin to ht12e...pls post the diagram if possible.
thanx

Added after 1 minutes:

ANOTHER THING HOW TO CHECK IF RF MODULE IS WORKING OR NO

rf module interfacing with microcontrollers

Address pins can be high or low as long as they are the same on both the TX and RX.

On transmitter:
To transmit, send a byte to p1, then bring p3.0 low.

on receiver:
To receive, wait until p3.0 goes high, then read p1.

Remember that data is 4 bit, so you must mask off the upper nibble. This way you can send commands 0x00 - 0x0F.

OR you can poll each pin if you find that is easier.

serial interface 8051 with rf module

Thank you sir.One more thing we tried our code with Xbee rf modules without using ht12e and ht12d and it worked perfectly but it is not working with any ask based or fsk based rf modules..???

interfacing microcontroller and ht12e

sharang said:
Thank you sir.One more thing we tried our code with Xbee rf modules without using ht12e and ht12d and it worked perfectly but it is not working with any ask based or fsk based rf modules..???

I haven't worked with xbee modules, therefore I am not familiar with them.
Typically the more expensive the module is, the easier it SHOULD BE to use?

Hello huiyen

i hope you are done with your project discussed above. if so may i have it for my practice work as i love to work with electronic devices. but i am not enough skilled to start of my own i have read all above discussion but still if you share me the report you made on plz

Regard
Haris

plz sumone help me out wit this. i want the 8051 to read the data from a lcd and take it as an input and the transmit the same through an rf antenna. so i want the code for that.

start a new thread............. dont open old thread again....

do a search in ths forum and post your querry.... it may be answered already...

give complete details of what controller, RF module,, what you did where is the problem ,, and what help you want

i am presently doing a project and therefore need your help. The module consist of two 8051 microcontroller devices which performs wireless transmission of data in a duplex fashion. Each device consist of a LCD, 8051, Keypad(4x4), transmitter and receiver. 8051 takes the input from keypad and displays on the LCD within the device. this data(on the lcd) is then transmitted by 8051 to the other device(wireless transmission) and is displayed on the LCD of the other device. Hope u hv got the idea. so plz cn u give the module and wat r the various requirements and codes(in c).

i am presently doing a project and therefore need your help. The module consist of two 8051 microcontroller devices which performs wireless transmission of data in a duplex fashion. Each device consist of a LCD, 8051, Keypad(4x4), transmitter and receiver. 8051 takes the input from keypad and displays on the LCD within the device. this data(on the lcd) is then transmitted by 8051 to the other device(wireless transmission) and is displayed on the LCD of the other device. Hope u hv got the idea. so plz cn u give the module and wat r the various requirements and codes(in c).

Hi jahangir,
It is very simple. just bye one RF transmitter and one receiver in the same frequency. they are very cheap. then connect to your micro TX/RX port and send each byte of data in serial mode.

good luck

Hi jahangir,
It is very simple. just bye one RF transmitter and one receiver in the same frequency. they are very cheap. then connect to your micro TX/RX port and send each byte of data in serial mode.

i think this is not going to work....
you need to do some sort of channel coding like manchester.. to send data wirelessly.. direct UART serial data wont work..

thanks......so plz help me with the module....

i think this is not going to work....
you need to do some sort of channel coding like manchester.. to send data wirelessly.. direct UART serial data wont work..

dear nikhilele,
I've done this and worked very well. the way that I explained doesnt need any wireless work cos you just need to buy RF modules and all the works like coding has done in this modules. their interface is very simple and accept power and serial data. connecting them to micro USART and sending data through it is possible. searching in internet you will find many results if any body wants I can tell part number.

good luck.

thanks sir.....plz tell me the part number......

Re: rf module interfacing with microcontrollers

Hi
can u please tell me how to interface RF module with 89s52 without using TX RX pins? any encoder/decoder to be used?

connecting RF modules.....

you need HT12E (encoder) and HT12D (decoder) to interface to controller... you can use any port pin for that purpose....

dear nikhilele,
I've done this and worked very well. the way that I explained doesnt need any wireless work cos you just need to buy RF modules and all the works like coding has done in this modules. their interface is very simple and accept power and serial data. connecting them to micro USART and sending data through it is possible. searching in internet you will find many results if any body wants I can tell part number.

good luck.

LOW cost ASK modules doesn't comes with encoding and decoding hardware so you have to take care at your end.
i have faced this many times..
i have connected two MCU directly tx-rx it worked well when i replace wires by modules it didn't work and grabage was comming.
then i connect those using encoder and decoder it again worked well..
Now i am going to write a code to encode data like manchester or equivalent so that i dont need encoder and decoder and i can connect tx modules and rx modules directly to MCU.

---------- Post added at 04:24 ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 ----------

Hi
can u please tell me how to interface RF module with 89s52 without using TX RX pins? any encoder/decoder to be used?

for 8bit communication you can use HT640 and HT648

Hi everybody
cos RF moduls like RX433/TX433 is general so they receive every signal or code that is transmitted in their frequency band. so u need only one high level encoder decoder to detect thta data is transmitted from your transmitter. simple encoder decoder is pt2262/pt2272 and if you search you can find many encoder decoder. But it is very simple to write your own encoder decoder by micro UART port. at first you should design a simple protocol as : 1 byte header that is fix for example 0x33 after that 2 byte code and these bytes are fix and one byte data and one byte tailor. and in receiver you should receive bytes and check header. if it is correct and equal to your header then check next byte to your code and so on. till all packet arrive correctly.

The simplest solution is using **broken link removed**'s VMR6502. It's extremely easy to interface with uC. I have a board that use STC11F02E 8051 uC to send data via VMR6502.

Now i am going to write a code to encode data like manchester or equivalent so that i dont need encoder and decoder and i can connect tx modules and rx modules directly to MCU.
Yes, that's the right way to handle it. You should also provide a bitwise synchronisation at the receiver, so it can immediately sync on the preamble data pattern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back