Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to interface pen drive to Microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

rad1

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pendrive+read+microcontroller

In my porject i need to interface pen drive to c8051f340 microcontroller .Pls tell where would get all details and from where i would get USB2.0 protocol

how to interface pen drive to microcontroller

Apart from understanding the USB specification, which is obviously necessary for the project, you also also need an USB hardware, that can operate as a host or dual-role OTG interface. SiLab C8051F340 can't.

pen drive interface with microcontroller

Hi ,

FvM is correct of course.

1) You could use FTDI(Vinculum) chips for that. They come loaded with firmware and give command sets to open a FAT file on your pen drive etc etc.
They can be interfaced to your micro using UART or SPI.
This would probably be the fastest way to get your job done.

Else you could interface an SD card ( SPI ) and use a PC USB Card reader.Of course you will have to implement a FAT system on your SD card in your micro's firmware.You could google it out and tailor it for your micro.

Can we use USB host controller IC, which is already in the pendrive for our own project?

Can we use USB host controller IC, which is already in the pendrive for our own project?
It's a dedicated USB mass storage device controller, I don't see how you can use it for other purposes.

I understood. Right now the USB and SDcard based audio players are available with samsung chipset.
Can we use the board for our project by not considering audiocodec chipset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back