Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to interface IEEE1394?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rvspr

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all

I m trying to interface IEEE1394 with processor/controller..

But i m not sure to which module/interface in MPU or MCU it will communicate??

I found Some devices like TSB41BA3D,TSB82AA2, TSB12LV21, TSB12LV26, TSB12LV32, TSB42AA4..all these describes interfacing IEEE1394 with PCI..

is there any other devices that allow IEEE1394 to communicate with some other interface other than PCI???

Thanks

I checked for you some state-of-the-art Freescale processors (the iMX and QorIQ families) and I noticed that the IEEE1394 / Firewire standard is sort of gone ...
The fact that you found a controller with a PCI interface supporting it confirms that this is an old technology.
Anyways ... you can obtain what you want with the PCI controller you mentioned if the CPU has a PCI bus. Just connect the PCI bus.
There are also a number of bridges (such as PCI Express to PCI -- like PLX8112) that allows you to connect a CPU(eg. QorIQ P2020) - PLX8112 - TSBXXXX.
Next you run Linux/VxWorks on the P2020 and there you go :)

Also search on Digikey.com for 'ieee 1394' you will get some more controllers for IEEE 1394. The one with code 296-18175-ND has a "HOST BUS INTERFACE"
Nothing more convenient than that!!! It is a SRAM-like interface.....

Hmmm, good luck!!

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back