Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[AVR] how to interface ATXMEGA64B1 with USB for programming using bootloader?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandar Joshi

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to use USB for ATXMEGA64B1 programming using bootloader but at controller side I want to use micro USB B type connector for it. Is it possible to do so?
Has anyone tried this before, because I searched it on internet but couldn't get that much help. It would be helpful if anyone could give me example of it.

I have read that document, it doesn't give any idea about h/w connections. I am not getting how to make hardware connections between micro USB B type connector and ATXMEGA64B1.

Hi
this maybe help you
1318568959_circuit-zoomed.gif

Pins 12 and 13 of the ATxmega64 are D- and D+ respectively, according to the datasheet.
I think that one could use the schematics for an arduino with the ATmega16U2 chip USB interface, as an example of connections of D- and D+ between the microcontroller and the connector. I have followed those schematics to build a usb to ttl converter using the 16u2.
Wikipedia, I notice, shows the pin assignments for the micro USB B connector in their USB article.

- - - Updated - - -

Pins 12 and 13 of the ATxmega64 are D- and D+ respectively, according to the datasheet.
I think that one could use the schematics for an arduino with the ATmega16U2 chip USB interface, as an example of connections of D- and D+ between the microcontroller and the connector. I have followed those schematics to build a usb to ttl converter using the 16u2.
Wikipedia, I notice, shows the pin assignments for the micro USB B connector in their USB article.

Thank you FenTrac and very question. So very question in case of your controller doesn't have USB but ATXMEGA64B1 has USB so its just connection between micro USB connector D+ and D- and controller D+ and D-.
One more question, micro USB has one more pin ID(i.e. Mode Select). What to do with that pin?

That pin is left unconnected. It is the ID pin. It is connected to ground on the A connector (host) and left unconnected on the B connector (device), according to the Wikipedia USB article.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back